26 March 2009

One-Liners: New York Edition

I don't know what happened. I can't explain where I've been, but it obviously wasn't here. And now I have to pay the price. And you do, too, if you choose to read my blog. But I am going to try to catch up without torturing you. So here's the goal: condense a month of lessons learned into one-liners. This is going to be very hard for a long-winded chick like myself, but I'll take the challenge. I can't promise the sentences will be short. And I'll break it into a couple of posts so it's not too painful.
The first installment is my week in New York. This is tough because I did so much out there and had a ridiculous amount of new experiences (Thank you, Laura & Rick!!), but here I go:

Wednesday, February 25:
In New York, if you live in an apartment without laundry facilities nearby, you can hire a laundry service to come pick up your laundry, wash it, and deliver it back to your apartment for a dollar per pound.

Thursday, February 26:
At the Carlyle Hotel in Manhattan, there is a piano bar called Bemelman's Bar, which was named after the author & illustrator of the 'Madeline' children's books because he hung out there and painted murals on the wall.

Friday, February 27:
I discovered H&M- a store we don't have in Colorado, but is absolutely my new favorite place to shop.

Saturday, February 28:
St. Paul's Chapel is a church located across from the WTC site (which is still basically a large hole), and it is the oldest public building in continuous use, and dates back to colonial times.

Sunday, March 01:
There is a restaurant in SoHo named Public that serves a brunch dish called Turkish Eggs (Greek style yogurt with poached eggs, butter, and spices on top, and toast for dipping), a must-eat if you ever go there.

Monday, March 02:
New York City has the rudest Starbucks baristas I have ever encountered.

Tuesday, March 03:
Touristy attractions that are worth the time and/or money include: Lady Liberty (she has man hands), Ellis Island Museum (history nerds, unite!) and Wicked on Broadway (campy and delicious).

Wednesday, March 04:
I love coming home, no matter how great my vacation was.

No comments: