10 February 2009

I've got to improve on updating...

Tuesday, Feb 3:
Tuesday I learned what people mean when they say something tastes 'gamey.' I tasted venison for the first time, thanks to the Badrys' fridge. Yum. (ish.)

Wednesday, Feb 4:
Wednesday the Stick Horses had their weekly practice at my house. It's the benefit of living with someone in the troupe- I get to see a free show in my own house! So I tried to follow a game they played. It was called Wizards, Goblins, and Dragons. Or something like that. And all I can say is that they stood in a circle and stared at each other for a while. Then everyone struck a pose or did a little dance at the same time. Then they all celebrated to varying degrees, although it was unclear from my perspective what poses or dances or outcomes were cause for celebration. They repeated this several times. It looked like a strange full-body version of Rock Paper Scissors, but I can't be sure. All I know for sure is that Lacey did the best Goblin dance.

Thursday, Feb 5:
I re-learned today's lesson. I remembered the value of taking an evening to slow down. I generally keep my days full. It's not necessarily that I want to be busy all the time, but I don't say no very often, because I am blessed to have fabulous friends who are always thinking of interesting things to do. And most days, I'm enjoying my busy life. But sometimes I have to remind myself to step back and be by myself. I am a true introvert. As much as I enjoy the people in my life, it is not energizing to me to spend time with people. I get energy by taking time to myself. I need that time to recharge. I need that time to watch horrible primetime dramas without ridicule (tonight it was night one of the Grey's/Private Practice crossover EVENT). Basically, I just need 'me' time.
*As a sidenote, is it just me, or does anyone else think it's ridiculous when a TV show is referred to as an Event?

Friday, Feb 5:
I thought I learned that Yaks' milk is pink. My sister told me this. I'm always skeptical of the things that I 'learn' from teenagers, so I asked where she heard it and she said she read it in a Science magazine she had to read for school. Then I googled it and I found some places that said it is pink and others that said it is not pink. So who knows? I guess the real lesson is that the color of Yaks' milk is disputed. First one to get a Yak and solve the mystery is the winner.

Saturday, Feb 6:
I learned that Paris Hilton has a whole line of hair extensions. You can purchase these at your local Sally Beauty Supply store. I'm speechless, as you are, I'm sure.

Sunday, Feb 7:
One of my oldest and dearest friends is named Aba. She is incredibly driven, intelligent, and talented. She is currently in LA working as an actress. I learned on Sunday that she is starting up a production company! It's called The Ohemaa Project. The project is based on her faith and her vision to use entertainment as a means of empowerment. You can read up on her company here. I am so excited for you, Aba!

Monday, Feb 8:
Another priceless lesson in dating from The Bachelor:

If your mother is freaky, it's best not to introduce her to the guy you're hoping to win as a "potential future husband." She might make him hula-hoop. Or bury an animal she killed with her car. Or talk about reincarnation.
And none of these things adds points to your game.

No comments: